Monday, 12 May 2014

Vladimir Kush | Surrealist Art

Vladimir Kush is a Russian born surrealist painter and sculptor. I only found out about him recently, as for GSCE art I am studying Surrealism.

Surrealism is 20th century movement in art and literature, which sought to explore the create potential of the unconscious mind, by creating dream-like images and juxtaposing objects. It is a movement that interests me a lot, hence I am doing this post on a Surrealist artist. I hope to do more posts on artists and movements, as it is something I am very interested in at the moment, and would love to share with you.

Instead of talking about Kush in detail, and describing his techniques, I thought showing you his work would have a far greater impact.














Recurring motifs in his work include fruit, butterflies and the idea of combining two completely different elements. His work is not only fascinating and beautifully elaborate, but it really makes the viewer think about what they are looking at. You really look at each piece, and decipher the elements Kush has so skilfully put together. 

He is a true inspiration, and his work has helped me a lot with my GCSE art sketchbook.

Have you got an art inspiration?

Love Sian xox 

1 comment:

  1. Very creative I can see why you inspired by this artist.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete