Wednesday, 24 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

I was nominated by Hana at RimmelSmudge to do the Christmas Tag.


What's your favourite Christmas movie?
I'm not a huge fan of Christmas movies (Strange, I know!), but I'd have to say that my favourite is Home Alone. It's an classic!

Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
OF COURSE on Christmas morning - that's just how it should be! Nothing can beat waking up early, and sprinting in excitement to open your presents.

Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Two years ago, my older brother got my parents and I joke presents - some bin liners, cans of coke, and toilet seat covers (if you've seen the episode of Friends where Chandler and Joey bought everyone rubbish xmas presents - that's where he got his inspiration). We were all completely confused, and somewhat disappointed, but then he revealed that it was a joke, and gave us our real presents. 

Favourite festive food?
For savoury foods, I absolutely LOVE roast potatoes - all year round but especially at Christmas. As for a specifically festive food, mince pies have to be my favourite Christmas-time snack.

Favourite Christmas gift?
Now that's a very hard question ... I can't pinpoint one gift as the favourite, but I do remember in detail receiving my new DSi, which must mean that it was somewhat important to me as the memory of opening it has stuck with me all these years!

Favourite Christmas scent?
I've only got into candles really recently, so I haven't established a favourite Christmas scent. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
We usually spend the early evening at my family friends house. They have 'Santa Claus' make an appearance, we exchange presents and eat festive food. My family used to leave out milk and a bourbon biscuit, but that tradition has gone as I got older.

What tops your tree?
A traditional, glitter covered white star.

As a child, what was one crazy gift you asked for but never received?
Every year, for about 3 years I asked for a 'Big Toy Horsey' - using those words exactly. And no, sadly I never received one.

What's the best part of Christmas for you?
I love spending the day with all my family, as that happens rarely during the year. Everyone is in high spirits, and there's always a large meal prepared. It's really nice hanging out with my younger cousins, and seeing them bursting with excitement to open the presents!

As Christmas is tomorrow, I'm not going to tag anyone specific to do the tag. But if you're feeling in the Chritsmas spirit, why not give it a go, and let me know if you do!

Merry Christmas, make it a good one!

Love Sian xox 


No comments:

Post a Comment